Quidco Refferal Link

I love Quidco

Thursday 10 January 2013

11.


Flicking my ash into the bottom of a can
You're still to recognise the man that I am.
The gaze was vacant; the muse was lost
I was more akin to a corpse than that of the ghost.
The medication held me in more a subdued state
I didn't have the heart to love you; there was too much on my plate.

But now the mist has cleared and I now see what I was:
The vacant misinterpreted madman; I was subdued and still lost.
Now we're talking as if adults; my, where have nine years gone?
In but four months of not seeing you I felt yet so alone.
We're talking now just like we should, and is all just fine
Won't you please come meet me? - We'll go out, drink some wine.

I know it's hard to take, just what I'd said and what I'd done
But you have to understand I never had nor simply wanted you under my thumb.
You were free to roam and be who you wanted to
But we were bonded by some strange and inexplicable glue.
Now we're starting to understand that it was not forsaken lust.
True to no rhyme or reason, it was love and it was "Just"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quidco Referral Link

I love Quidco